To be eligible for admittance into the homeland security minor, you must:
- be a current Penn State undergraduate student in your fifth semester
- maintain a grade of C or better in all courses for the minor
- complete a minimum of 18 credits in homeland security and defense courses
- 9 credits of prescribed courses
- 9 credits of electives
Adding a Minor
If you have achieved fifth-semester standing (60 credits completed), you can apply for admission to the minor. To begin, please follow these steps:
- Talk with your academic adviser about incorporating the minor into your major and to develop a semester-by-semester plan for meeting requirements.
- Apply for the minor by adding it in LionPATH. You should do this as early as possible, but you can apply up to the late drop deadline of your graduating semester.
- You will receive a confirmation email once you declare the minor in LionPATH.
Review the technical requirements for this program.