Skip to main content

How to Apply

Congratulations on your decision to further your education. Thank you for selecting Penn State World Campus. Whether your goals are career advancement, degree completion, or personal enrichment, we have many programs to meet your needs.

Getting Started

The first step toward earning a Penn State degree or certificate is completing the online application. If you are a returning, international, or military student, or have credits you may be transferring, you may have additional considerations when applying.

Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR)

As of the summer/fall 2018 application cycle, Penn State requires first-year applicants (domestic and international) to submit Self-Reported Academic Records (SRAR). This replaces the requirement of an official high school transcript to complete an application for Penn State. Official, final high school transcripts will only be required for those students accepting offers of admission to Penn State and will serve as graduation verification.

We understand that requesting a high school transcript in order to accurately provide SRAR may be a challenge to our adult learners who have been out of high school for many years. We strongly recommend that applicants obtain a copy of their high school transcript to ensure that the information needed to enter SRAR is accurate. If you have additional questions about the process, please read the Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR) frequently asked questions.

Getting Help

Our Admission Services staff is ready to provide you with:

  • assistance in selecting the best program to meet your needs
  • information about program-specific admission prerequisites
  • information about application requirements and deadlines
  • confirmation of your application status

For help with admissions, email [email protected] or call 814-863-5386.

How to Apply Tool

Please note that admission prerequisites and application requirements vary by program. Use the tool to learn about the application process for graduate and undergraduate programs.