Penn State for Veterans
Penn State World Campus recognizes and appreciates your military service. We realize it can be challenging to balance your life as a veteran with getting your degree. Our dedicated, veteran-centric resources are combined with practical experience to meet your unique needs. We consider it a privilege to assist you on your educational journey.
Our approach is designed to help foster your success:
- skilled military support team, many of whom are veterans, to provide guidance and perspective
- benefits and scholarships to help you pay for your education
- programs to connect you to Penn State, fellow students, and alumni
- career services to help you leverage your academic achievements
Benefits and Financial Aid for Veterans
As a veteran, you have access to many options for financing your education with Penn State World Campus. In addition to the benefits you receive from the government, you are also eligible for exclusive benefits provided by Penn State, and are eligible for other programs open to all students. Our military team can help you decide which options are best for you.
- Undergraduate Application Fee Waiver – Attend a military webinar and receive instructions
- VA Education Benefits – You may be entitled to Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33), Montgomery GI Bill (Chapters 30 and 1606), and Tuition Assistance Top-Up benefits
- Federal Student Aid – Apply to learn if you may be eligible
- Federal Alliance – Federal employees and their dependents may be eligible for a 5% tuition discount
- Scholarships – Penn State World Campus offers several scholarships designed specifically for military and veteran students
Penn State’s Military Commitment
We take our commitment to veteran learners very seriously. We demonstrate this through our compliance with the important standards established by the Federal Government. Here are just a few examples:
- compliant with:
- designated a top-ranked, military-friendly school
View more awards and affiliations and learn about Penn State’s dedication to the military.