Penn State for Military Spouses and Dependents
Penn State World Campus appreciates your family’s sacrifice and dedication to serving. With deployments, relocations, and other stressors, it can be hard to imagine returning to school for a degree. Our exclusive military support services are open to military families, providing the flexibility and convenience you need to achieve your educational goals.
Our approach is designed to help foster your success:
- skilled military support team, many of whom are veterans, to provide guidance and perspective
- help managing the impact of relocations and other life changes
- military benefits, grants, and scholarships to help you pay for your education
- programs to connect you to Penn State, fellow students, and alumni
- career services to help you leverage your academic achievements
Benefits and Financial Aid
As a military spouse or dependent, you have access to many options for financing your education with Penn State World Campus. In addition to the benefits you can receive from the government, you are also eligible for exclusive benefits provided by Penn State, and are eligible for other programs open to all students.
- Undergraduate Application Fee Waiver – Attend a military webinar and receive instructions
- Military Grant-in-Aid – Save up to 44% on undergraduate tuition
- VA Education Benefits – You may be entitled to Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33), Montgomery GI Bill (Chapters 30 and 1606), and Tuition Assistance Top-Up benefits
- Federal Student Aid – Apply to learn if you may be eligible
- Federal Alliance – Federal employees and their dependents may be eligible for a 5% tuition discount
- Scholarships – Penn State World Campus offers several scholarships designed specifically for military and veteran spouses and dependents
Penn State’s Military Commitment
We take our responsibility to serve military families very seriously. That's why we dedicate personnel and resources to helping military spouses and dependents get a quality degree at a reasonable cost, supported by benefits and scholarships exclusively for you. At Penn State World Campus, you can also rest assured that our faculty and staff prioritize convenience and flexibility for your hectic lifestyle.
View awards and affiliations and learn about Penn State’s dedication to the military.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.