The decision to return to school is a major one. We understand and we're here to help support you along the way. As a Penn State World Campus student, you will be supported by a team of knowledgeable and compassionate staff who understand the complexities of balancing work and life while learning online.
We talk to busy adult learners like you every day. We listen to your concerns about going back to school or balancing work and family life. We help you navigate a path to meet your education and career goals.
"With my career path about to change, I am looking forward to utilizing more of what I've learned in the two years I spent with Penn State. I learned a lot more about myself and the field of human resources and I am excited to see what the name "Penn State" on my resume can do for me. The confidence that I now have since not only graduating with my master's degree, but a master's degree from Penn State allows me is immeasurable. Now, I look to what the future holds with a new degree and an opportunity to find a new position, a new company, and a fresh start in being part of a team that helps to find, hire, develop, and engage the talent pool wherever my path is taking me."
--Kevin Doupe, Master of Professional Studies in Human Resources and Employment Relations (HRER), summer 2018
We understand that you are choosing an online education for the flexibility and convenience. To help you complete your work when it is most convenient for you, we have 24-hour technical support and extended hours for other staff, including our academic advisers. And our staff are easy to access by email, phone, and instant messaging.
We can help you:
- identify the information and documentation you’ll need to apply and walk you through the steps of the application process from start to finish
- learn how to apply for financial aid, find scholarships and other types of financial support, and know what to expect in paying for your education
- use our University systems to access course syllabi and assignments; interact with professors and peers; make tuition payments; get your textbooks and software through the online bookstore; and use the University Libraries system, the 9th largest research library in North America
- take advantage of the resources we've developed for online students, including undergraduate advising, career counseling, technical support, and tutoring in writing and several math-related fields
- link with communities and special services for military members and veterans, international students, alumni, corporate education, students with disabilities, and those transferring from other universities and colleges
- stay connected to the Penn State community by keeping you up-to-date with events, important dates, and Penn State news
From your first inquiry to your application to graduation, we are committed to helping you reach your goals.