Penn State for Military Service Members
Penn State World Campus understands the unique circumstances and obligations of an active duty service member. Our years of experience in supporting those who serve and our extensive military-exclusive resources make us uniquely capable of assisting you throughout your educational journey, even through deployments and other commitments.
Our approach is designed to help foster your success:
- skilled military support team, many who are veterans, to provide guidance and perspective
- faculty who understand you as a military learner
- assistance with managing the impact of potential deployments, trainings, and relocations
- military benefits, grants, and scholarships to help you pay for your education
- programs to connect you to Penn State, fellow students, and alumni
- career services to guide you in leveraging your academic achievements
The appearance of U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) visual information does not imply or constitute DoD endorsement.
Benefits and Financial Aid
As an active duty service member, you have access to many options for financing your education with Penn State World Campus. In addition to the benefits you receive from the government, you are also eligible for exclusive benefits provided by Penn State, and are eligible for other programs open to all students.
- Undergraduate Application Fee Waiver – Fee waived automatically
- Military Grant-in-Aid – Save up to 44% on undergraduate tuition
- VA Education Benefits – You may be entitled to Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33), Montgomery GI Bill (Chapters 30 and 1606), and Tuition Assistance Top-Up benefits
- Tuition Assistance – You may be eligible for funding offered through the Department of Defense Tuition Assistance (TA) program
- Federal Student Aid – Apply to learn if you may be eligible
- Federal Alliance – Federal employees and their dependents may be eligible for a 5% tuition discount
- Scholarships – Penn State World Campus offers several scholarships designed specifically for military and veteran students
Penn State’s Military Commitment
We take our responsibility to military learners very seriously. We demonstrate this commitment through our compliance with the important standards established by the federal government, as well as through formal partnerships that benefit military learners. Penn State is:
- compliant with:
- designated a top-ranked, military-friendly school
- an educational partner with the U.S. Sergeants Major Academy’s (SGM-A) Fellowship Program
View more awards and affiliations and learn about Penn State’s dedication to the military.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.