Penn State World Campus military students have access to a dedicated, specially trained military support team. Many staff members are veterans, who apply their first-hand military knowledge to help you succeed as a Penn State World Campus student.
Our military admissions counselors can assist and advise you in using military benefits, completing your Penn State application, and navigating the admissions process. They can even offer guidance on degree programs before you apply.
If you’re ready to learn more about Penn State World Campus, don’t hesitate to contact them directly or request information online to get started.
Military Admissions Counselor
Military Admissions Counselor
Financial Aid and Assistance
You may be eligible for a number of federal and military-specific opportunities to help you pay for your education, including Tuition Assistance and Penn State World Campus Military Grant-In-Aid. Our military-focused financial aid coordinators can assist you in exploring your options, applying for aid, and more.
GI Bill® Certifying Officials
Penn State World Campus has a team of GI Bill® Certifying Officials ready to assist you with using your benefits. Veterans may use their benefits to cover all or part of their educational expenses. Our experts can explain how to apply for benefits, describe different financial programs, and discuss which benefits may be the best fit for you.
Our disability services team works closely with military advisers to serve students with disabilities and identify students who may need accommodations. Contact us if you have a disability-related need for reasonable academic adjustments or questions about our services.
Undergraduate Students: When you enroll, you will be partnered with a military academic adviser who will help you throughout your time with Penn State World Campus. You’ll work with your adviser to:
- plan your academic program
- stay on track with your academic goals
- choose courses that meet requirements and your personal interests
- manage the impact of deployments, trainings, and relocations
Graduate Students: As a graduate student through Penn State World Campus, you will be advised by Penn State faculty from your degree program. You will work with your faculty adviser to plan your path through a program and to help find answers to other academic questions you may have.
Other Student Services
In addition to your military services, you’ll have access to a range of resources available to all Penn State World Campus students that can help you both earn your degree and apply your degree in the workforce. Here are a few examples:
- career services – use on-demand career planning resources or get personalized support through career counseling to build confidence in your skills
- technical support – receive tips and assistance with computer and technical concerns seven days a week
- online tutoring resources – get help understanding course concepts and materials, and learn how to use software and other technologies required for your assignments
- nationally recognized research library – search thousands of databases and online resources offered by one of the top 10 research libraries in the United States