Learn to Prevent, Detect, and Neutralize Cyber Attacks
With an ever-expanding reliance on digital technology in many people's professional and personal lives, there is a sharp increase in the risk of cyber attacks on personal information, financial security, and physical safety. Skilled cyber security professionals are in demand now, more than ever before, to prevent the catastrophic damages that can be caused by cyber threats and cyber terrorism.
Who Should Apply?
The online MPS in Homeland Security - Cyber Threat Analytics and Prevention (CTAP) option is ideal for professionals who are either working in or would like to transition to a career in homeland security or cyber threat analysis and prevention. Individuals who are responsible for technical analysis and solutions to hacking, espionage, security, and counter-terrorism over networks and the internet may be particularly interested in this program.
Penn State's MPS in Homeland Security - CTAP Curriculum
The course work in the MPS in Homeland Security - CTAP option can help you acquire a broad base of knowledge relevant to the current policies and programs of the homeland security administration. It can further provide you with a focus on preventing cyber attacks and understanding cyber laws, as well as addressing network vulnerabilities, system threats, and cyber terrorism. With this curriculum, you can build on your expertise in these key areas:
- social and ethical issues relating to homeland security
- domestic and global views of violence and terrorism
- data collection and analysis
- security and privacy in the digital age
Homeland Security Video
Learn more about the World Campus Homeland Security portfolio in this video:
Information for Military and Veterans
Are you a member of the military, a veteran, or a military spouse? Please visit our military website for additional information regarding financial aid, transfer credits, or application instructions.
Note: This program is under review for GI Bill eligibility, and you may experience delays attempting to use GI Bill benefits toward this program until it has been officially approved.
- Homeland Security Base Program (Master of Professional Studies in Homeland Security)
- Information Systems Cybersecurity (Postbaccalaureate Certificate)
- Homeland Security – Information Security and Forensics Option (Master of Professional Studies in Homeland Security)
- Homeland Security – Agricultural Biosecurity and Food Defense Option (Master of Professional Studies in Homeland Security)
- Homeland Security – Counterterrorism Option (Master of Professional Studies in Homeland Security)
- Homeland Security – Geospatial Intelligence Option (Master of Professional Studies in Homeland Security)
- Homeland Security – Public Health Preparedness Option (Master of Professional Studies in Homeland Security)