Program SummaryDevelop your knowledge in organization development, appreciative inquiry, collaborative engagement, and change. Gain practical skills to effectively manage and lead change in corporations, government agencies, and nonprofits.
Learn How to Transform Organizations One Person at a Time
Developing individuals, teams, and organizations capable of innovative and meaningful change is a critical skill for leaders in all sectors of the global economy.
Whether you are already established in an organization development and change career or relatively new to the profession, Penn State's online Master of Professional Studies in Organization Development and Change (MPS–OD&C) program supports the next generation of leaders working to help organizations develop and improve their practices, systems, and strategies in complex and rapidly changing environments.
Why Study Organization Development and Change at Penn State?
Our 30-credit online degree program provides close and consistent interaction with a recognized and caring faculty. To further support your growth, the program also introduces you to a network of experienced professionals. Through interaction with them, you can gauge your skills and proficiencies, accelerate your learning, and see how you might shape a career in this emerging field.
As you progress through the program, you will be able to use your new skills in your current job to help enhance your organization’s performance. In addition, faculty will regularly draw from relevant work-related situations to ensure that the knowledge you are gaining is grounded in the reality of how organizations develop and change.
Customize Your Master's Degree
The curriculum includes five required core courses, four elective courses, and one required field-based capstone course. You can tailor your degree to meet your goals by selecting concentration areas or electives that promote your career choices and increase your overall marketability.
You can select course work from one or more of the concentration areas below or from the list of electives:
- Consulting. Prepare yourself as a strategic consultant and practitioner of organizational change, talent development, workforce development, performance improvement, and training.
- Operational Excellence. Prepare yourself to work as a practitioner and facilitator for organizational change, process improvement, business analytics, and project management initiatives.
- Analytics. Learn about analytical tools and approaches as they apply to organization development and change initiatives.
- Technology-Leveraged Organization Development. Develop competencies to identify, select, and apply technologies to help you and your organization in everyday practice as a professional and as an OD consultant.
Earn HRCI®, SHRM, or PMI® Recertification Credits
The Penn State Master of Professional Studies in Organization Development and Change is an Approved Provider of the HR Certification Institute and the Society for Human Resource Management. In addition, Penn State is a Project Management Institute (PMI) Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) and each course in the MPS–OD&C program is approved toward your application or recertification.
Your Opportunities as an Organization Development and Change Graduate
The knowledge you acquire in this degree program can qualify you to work in roles such as:
- organization development and effectiveness
- corporate development
- talent development
- strategic consulting
- process management and change
- workforce training, learning, and development
- performance improvement
- independent consulting
Ready to Learn More?
Get the resources you need to make informed decisions about your education. Request information on this program and other programs of interest by completing this form.