Master of Supply Chain Management — 100% Online
Tighter deadlines, fear of disruptions, globalization, changing technology, and more. As logistics and supply chain networks become increasingly complex, professionals like you are enhancing their skills hoping to earn their place at the strategic leadership table.
With the Master of Supply Chain Management, delivered completely online through Penn State World Campus, you can gain the higher-order skills and abilities to think in tandem about the people, processes, and technologies required for world-class integrated supply chain management.
For the last decade, Gartner, Inc. consistently ranks Penn State’s supply chain program as a top graduate supply chain program in the United States. Led by the internationally ranked Smeal College of Business, this convenient online program is designed to fit your busy lifestyle and career goals.
Why Penn State's Supply Chain Management Program?
Nationally Recognized. Penn State is also top ranked by U.S. News & World Report, and is AACSB accredited, an honor reserved for the top 5% of business schools worldwide. Recruiters seek out our graduates.
Top Value. This online program is competitively priced compared to other AACSB accredited programs. Plus, you earn at least one graduate certificate while in pursuit of your master's degree.
New 100% Online Format. Our required residency has been replaced with optional engagement opportunities. You may choose to earn your degree without ever setting foot on campus, or take advantage of special events where you can network with faculty and peers at University Park campus.
Strong Partnership with Smeal College. You will have access to faculty experts from the Penn State Smeal College of Business. Students in this Smeal-led program can receive specialized career coaching, personal advising, access to global immersion trips, and additional networking opportunities. Learn more about the Penn State Smeal Advantage.
Online Curriculum with Flexible Options
The Penn State Master of Supply Chain Management allows for a higher degree of customization. You may select elective courses, both in supply chain management as well as other business-related fields, to create a degree that caters to your unique career goals.
You will do more than explore best practices and new technologies in supply chain management. The program uniquely focuses on the practical applications of knowledge and the analytical techniques you need to effectively solve complex supply chain-related problems.
- design and manage an effective supply chain
- understand and apply supply chain analytics
- conduct demand forecasting, aggregate planning, and sales and operations planning for a supply chain
- understand the implications of supply chain initiatives in terms of key financial performance metrics
- recognize and evaluate supply chain vulnerabilities and formulate approaches to mitigate supply chain risk
- assess fundamental dimensions of logistics strategy, innovation, transformation, and organizational leadership
- develop the cross-functional business savvy needed for business success
Because the 12-credit Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Management consists of four courses in the master's program, you may also apply for the certificate if you would like to add this quality credential to your transcript even before you complete the full master’s.
Career Opportunities for Graduates
Organizations in virtually every industry, including nonprofit and government sectors, use supply chains in their daily operations. As a graduate of this degree program you can be prepared for a variety of upper-level supply chain management positions such as:
- director of supply chain operations
- senior supply chain management analyst
- performance improvement senior manager
- supply chain technical analyst
- director of purchasing
- logistics management analyst
- commodity manager
- transportation or distribution center manager
- procurement, sourcing, or merchandise manager