Earn a Graduate Certificate in Taxation — Online
Companies need tax specialists to help them navigate the nuances of today’s tax laws. As a student in the Penn State Graduate Certificate in Taxation program, you can acquire the core knowledge and practical skills needed to help organizations maneuver through overly complex tax laws in order to promote legal compliance and minimize tax liability.
This graduate program, delivered through Penn State World Campus, is specifically designed for online learners, giving you the opportunity to upgrade your skills on a part-time basis while you continue to work.
Depending upon course selection, students in the program can:
- gain an understanding of how taxation impacts economic decision-making
- learn how U.S. federal income tax law is applied to corporations and how the effect of income taxes is reported in financial statements
- appreciate how federal tax law is applicable to pass-through entities (PTEs)
- effectively research tax issues and explore unique approaches to strategic tax planning
- develop effective strategies for organizational performance and success
- understand the ethical and societal implications of tax decisions
The Penn State Difference
Penn State’s taxation program is delivered in partnership with the internationally ranked Penn State Smeal College of Business (AACSB accreditation). As an online learner, you will have unprecedented access to a world-class education without having to set foot on campus. You will learn from the same highly regarded faculty who teach in our on-campus programs. Learn more about the Penn State Smeal Advantage.
Step Up to a Master’s Degree
The graduate certificate allows you to simultaneously gain graduate credit and a highly valued skill set, but the learning doesn't have to stop there. While your certificate can be used as a stand-alone credential, you can also apply these credits to "step up" into the fully online Master’s in Taxation. With your graduate certificate, you can build your résumé and begin seeing an ROI on your educational investment sooner.
Ideal for Current and Aspiring Tax Professionals
This online program is designed for early- to mid-career professionals who seek to carve out a niche for themselves in taxation. An added benefit from the certificate courses is that credits may be used to satisfy the 150-hour educational requirement needed for CPA licensure in most states.
No GMAT or GRE test scores are needed for admission to the certificate program, so prospective students can apply right away.