As a Penn State Corporate Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIENT) Graduate, You Can:
- understand how companies innovate and apply design thinking
- launch new business ventures by applying the principles of an entrepreneurial mindset
- establish corporate cultures, practices, and processes to support innovation
- track and capitalize on business and technology trends for competitive advantage
- lead, influence, and work effectively on product development teams
- possess marketable skills in ideation, critical thinking, problem-solving, benchmarking, and assessment
Experience a Unique and Flexible Online Curriculum
Learn when it's right for you thanks to flexible, asynchronous online courses. Meet your deadlines by doing work individually, and with project teams, when it’s most convenient for you. You can also attend optional synchronous online sessions for real-time engagement and learning. All course lectures and discussions are recorded so you can access them at any time.
Set Your Own Pace
Take one or two classes per semester based on what your life will allow. Need a semester off? No problem. Need to speed up or slow down your education? You can do that with the CIENT online master’s program.
Start When You’re Ready
There are three intakes per year, so you can begin the program in the fall, spring, or summer, according to your own schedule and needs.
Looking to earn your degree as quickly as possible?
If you take two courses per semester, it's possible to complete this degree in just two years.
Looking to fit your degree around a busy life?
Alternately, you can take your time and complete courses at your own pace. Many students take just one course per semester.
Stand Out from Others by Customizing Your Education
Develop tightly focused, career-ready skills tailored to your personal strengths and unique goals. The CIENT online master’s program allows you to customize your learning by choosing from more than 12 concentrations. Few top-tier online programs offer this level of flexibility. Each concentration gives you three courses to dive deeper into a focus area.
View our courses to learn more about each concentration.
Earn a Valuable Credential along the Way
Maximize your ROI by earning multiple credentials along the way to your master’s degree. Thanks to shared courses across programs, students can complete a graduate certificate or second master’s degree concurrently in less time than if they pursue them separately.
To learn more about Graduate School guidelines and schedules, contact an adviser by emailing [email protected].
Meet Business Professionals Who Share Your Interests and Passions
Come together with students who are like-minded and excited about innovation, entrepreneurship, and business development. This degree provides access to mature students who are experienced business professionals intent on expanding their skills for leading innovation and launching new ventures. You will have many opportunities to work in teams and collaborate on projects with the potential to initiate and transform business.
Focus on Projects that Are Relevant and Meaningful to You
The capstone course for this degree focuses on entrepreneurial business planning and strategy execution. This capstone experience allows students to integrate, synthesize, and apply what they have learned while working on a project of individual interest.
Students may choose to write a real-world business plan, develop a business case for pursuing a new product or business venture, or assess how to align a company’s business strategy to future trends in the marketplace. A sampling of final project topics may inspire you:
- procurement process enhancement business case
- business plan for a unique wellness center
- strategic alignment of an insurance company to promote innovation
- enhancing front-end innovation to enhance corporate safety
- next-generation quality assurance practices
- using innovation to detect chemical threats
- business plan for a unique management consulting firm
- innovations in digital entertainment streaming
- transitioning to loan banking-as-a-service
- business plan for launching executive training in corporate innovation
- creation of a business innovation platform utilizing artificial intelligence