Earn a Master’s in Corporate Innovation and Entrepreneurship Online
Are you an entrepreneur at heart? Put your passion to use in the corporate world with the Penn State Master’s in Corporate Innovation and Entrepreneurship, led by the internationally ranked Smeal College of Business.
This highly customizable program gives you the practical skills needed to launch a new business venture, create groundbreaking products and services, improve business processes, and fuel growth.
You can complete the master’s degree on a part-time basis in less than two years.
What You Can Expect to Learn
A successful graduate will be able to:
- create an internal startup unit within their current company, or bring their vision to life as an independent startup
- bring creativity and out-of-the-box thinking to solution development
- lead high-performance teams and support innovation at the upper management level
- apply best practices associated with the protection and management of intellectual property
- serve as a mentor to innovators and foster a culture of continuous improvement
- engage stakeholders with a collaborative mindset
- effectively present innovative solutions to stakeholders across their organization and gain buy-in for their ideas
- apply innovation to human resource policy, reward systems, business processes, marketing, and strategic decision making
Why Entrepreneurship at Penn State?
Penn State's reputation for excellence can help open doors for you. We are a top-tier research institution, home to the Farrell Center for Corporate Innovation and Entrepreneurship and the nationally recognized Invent Penn State technology commercialization and new venture creation initiative. The Smeal College of Business also carries the elite AACSB accreditation, an honor reserved for the top 5% of business schools worldwide.
More Than an Online Master’s Degree
The master’s degree curriculum shares course work with other graduate programs, allowing you to earn at least one graduate certificate even before you complete your master’s degree. This can often be accomplished with little to no additional time or expense.
By earning two credentials instead of one, you can build your résumé faster and potentially see a return on your investment sooner. Please speak with an adviser for more details.
Global Immersion Experience
Beginning in spring 2021, students will have the opportunity to participate in an optional Global Immersion trip. For one week, you will join up with fellow Penn Staters from the Smeal College of Business to visit a pivotal global business region in order to develop a critical awareness of international business practices and diverse cultures. Visit our courses page to learn more.
Who Should Apply?
Individuals with a game-changer mentality, who want to work at the forefront of innovation as either an entrepreneur or intrapreneur, are encouraged to apply. Applicants should have at least three years of relevant work experience in a business and/or STEM–related field, such as management, marketing, sales, finance, engineering, science, research and development (R&D), project management, product development, or technology/IT.
Information for Military and Veterans
Are you a member of the military, a veteran, or a military spouse? Please visit our military website for additional information regarding financial aid, transfer credits, or application instructions.
Note: This program is under review for GI Bill eligibility, and you may experience delays attempting to use GI Bill benefits toward this program until it has been officially approved.