A Respected Online Degree for Innovators and Entrepreneurs
Increasing competition, market globalization, tightening budgets, and the rapid emergence of new technologies have elevated the importance of innovation as a vital business function. Nearly every company should enhance its entrepreneurial capabilities to remain relevant and hone its competitive advantage.
The Penn State Master of Professional Studies in Corporate Innovation and Entrepreneurship, offered online by Penn State World Campus and the internationally ranked Penn State Smeal College of Business, can help you learn to lead high-performance teams and support innovation at the upper management levels of your organization.
This customizable online program can provide you with the practical skills you need to launch a new business venture, effectively create groundbreaking products and services, improve business processes, and fuel growth within your organization. Entrepreneurs who aspire to launch their own startups may find this program equally beneficial.
Global Recognition — the Penn State Difference
Penn State is a top-tier research institution, home to the Farrell Center for Corporate Innovation and Entrepreneurship, and the nationally recognized Invent Penn State technology commercialization and new venture creation initiative. In addition, the Penn State Smeal College of Business carries the elite AACSB accreditation, an honor reserved for the top 5% of business schools worldwide. Penn State's reputation for excellence can help open doors for you.
Your Online Curriculum
The curriculum is specifically designed to cultivate expertise in the techniques, strategies, and business fundamentals required to create, innovate, and sustain new products and services in a variety of industry domains. As a student, you may:
- Explore the techniques involved in thinking creatively and strategically.
- Gain an understanding of the benefits and purpose of innovation and new venture creation.
- Identify, generate, and evaluate alternative solutions to business problems.
- Learn to effectively communicate ideas, concepts, and analyses.
- Understand the implications and best practices associated with protecting and managing intellectual property.
- Apply innovation to human resource policy, reward systems, business processes, marketing, and strategic decision making.
- Increase skills in leadership, team building, interpersonal influence, and the management of innovation and change.
You may have the opportunity to earn multiple graduate certificates while in pursuit of your master's degree. As always, please speak with an adviser for more details.
Who Should Apply?
This online program is ideal for professionals with a minimum of three years of relevant work experience in a business and STEM-related field, such as management, marketing, sales, finance, engineering, science, research and development (R&D), project management, product development, and technology/IT.
Information for Military and Veterans
Are you a member of the military, a veteran, or a military spouse? Please visit our military website for additional information regarding financial aid, transfer credits, or application instructions.