Online Graduate Certificate in Business Sustainability Strategy
As concern for the environment has grown in recent decades, incorporating sustainability practices into core business strategy and operations, from supply chain to marketing to accounting, is no longer an option for companies — it’s a necessity. Now more than ever, businesses must manage their environmental and social impact in order to drive profitability, reduce cost and risk, and build competitive advantage. You need the skills and knowledge to help your organization create transformative change and achieve long-term sustainability.
The 9-credit Graduate Certificate in Business Sustainability Strategy can help prepare you to develop a sustainability plan for any size or type of organization, from startup to global corporation. You will have the chance to set yourself apart in your field by learning to implement business practices that meet the present demands of your company and its stakeholders, while protecting the resources needed in the future. This program can teach you the skills needed to effectively assess opportunities and measure financial, environmental, and social returns.
The Business Sustainability Strategy Curriculum at Penn State
The course content in this certificate program will focus on:
- an exploration of sustainability, corporate social responsibility, and how leading businesses can respond to changes in the regulatory, consumer, and competitive landscape
- analysis of differences across Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americas
- an overview of current topics and trends you must understand, such as the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the Global Reporting Initiative, impact/ESG investing, blockchain and sustainability, and social entrepreneurship
- reducing costs and risks through sustainable procurement and supply chain management
- the latest business models and sustainable design solutions to drive business value and environmental/social performance up and down the value chain
The Penn State Difference
Reputation and Faculty Expertise — The Penn State Smeal College of Business carries the elite AACSB accreditation, an honor reserved for the top 5% of business schools worldwide. Through this certificate program, you can earn a respected credential while learning from faculty with diverse backgrounds, intellectual perspectives, and industry expertise.
Convenience — As a complement to the challenging but rewarding curriculum, online courses provide you with the flexibility and convenience to study around your own schedule without sacrificing quality. You can skip the commute and prepare for more rewarding career opportunities without leaving the comfort of your home.
Step-Up Approach to Learning — This certificate is an excellent stand-alone credential to add to your résumé. You can also apply the credits to the business sustainability strategy concentration of the Master of Business Administration (MBA), the Master’s in Corporate Innovation and Entrepreneurship, or the Master’s in Strategic Management and Executive Leadership, if you apply to and are accepted into one of these highly competitive programs.