How to Earn the CPA Licensure
- Meet the 150-credit hour education requirement for entry into the accounting profession. Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Accounting degree will earn a minimum of 120 credit hours.
- Pass the Uniform CPA Examination to qualify for a CPA certificate and license (i.e., permit to practice) to practice public accounting.
Keep in mind...
- The exam is the same no matter where it is taken, but every state/jurisdiction has its own set of education and experience requirements that individuals must meet.
- If you plan to pursue employment in a licensed profession, remember that completion of this program alone does not meet the requirements for licensure.
- You can visit our Professional Licensure/Certification Disclosures by State interactive map to learn more about the requirements in each state.
Pennsylvania CPA and Licensing Requirements
For more details on the CPA Exam and licensing requirements in the state of Pennsylvania, visit the Penn State Harrisburg website.