Penn State's 37-credit online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program can help you build on your existing nursing experience with the additional knowledge and skills you need to lead change in the dynamic health care environment.
Your curriculum will include:
- Core courses – All students enrolled in the MSN program will take the same three core courses to build your foundation of learning.
- Option-specific courses – You will choose either the Nurse Administrator option or the Nurse Educator option and take the courses related to those options.
- Elective courses – To further enhance your education, you will select elective courses that suit your professional interests and background.
- Clinical practicum – You will be required to complete 180 hours of a clinical practicum after finishing your option-specific courses. This can be completed in a convenient location based on your current work schedule. (Criminal background checks will be required, with the cost being incurred by the individual student.)
- Capstone project – As a final requirement to the degree program, you will complete a capstone project that demonstrates the skills and competencies that you have acquired through the required course work.