For admission to the Graduate School, an applicant must hold either (1) a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or (2) a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution. This degree must be from an officially recognized degree-granting institution in the country in which it operates.
All applicants are expected to have earned a junior/senior grade-point average of 3.0 or higher.
To enroll in graduate-level courses, or to earn the certificate, you must have a baccalaureate degree.
What You Need
Applications are submitted electronically and include a nonrefundable application fee. You will need to upload the following items as part of your application:
Official transcripts from each institution attended, regardless of the number of credits or semesters completed — Transcripts not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation. Penn State alumni do not need to request transcripts for credits earned at Penn State but must list Penn State as part of your academic history.
In addition, you must send an official transcript directly to the program office. Please mail to:
Administrative Support Assistant
Learning and Performance Systems Department
303 Keller Building
University Park, PA 16802-1303
English Proficiency — The language of instruction at Penn State is English. With some exceptions, international applicants must take and submit scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Minimum test scores and exceptions are found in the English Proficiency section on the Graduate School's "Requirements for Graduate Admission" page. Visit the TOEFL website for testing information. Penn State's institutional code is 2660.
Résumé or Vita — Upload your résumé to the online application.
Essay 1 — In 200 to 300 words, please describe how completion of the Postbaccalaureate Certificate in Educational Technology Integration will prepare you for your current or future (or aspirational) job responsibilities.
Short Responses — The online application will ask for brief responses to the following three questions:
- Have you already completed with Penn State University one or more of the courses required to earn the Postbaccalaureate Certificate in Educational Technology Integration?
- Describe how you currently utilize, or how you aim to utilize in the future, educational technology in your teaching practice. What role does educational technology play in your work as a teacher or learning designer?
- Upon completion of the Postbaccalaureate Certificate in Educational Technology Integration, do you intend to apply for the Master of Education in Learning, Design, and Technology graduate degree program? If yes, discuss how studying for the M.Ed. degree would benefit you.
Start Your Application
You can begin your online application at any time. Your progress within the online application system will be saved as you go, allowing you to return at any point as you gather additional information and required materials.
- Choose Enrollment Type: "Certificate Admission"
- Choose "WORLD CAMPUS" as the campus
- Choose "Educational Technology Integration" as the certificate
Checking Your Status
You can check the status of your application by using the same login information established for the online application form.
Review the technical requirements for this program.