The Bachelor of Science in Economics requires you to complete a minimum of 120 credits. You must successfully complete:
- 55 credits required for the major*
- 18 prescribed core course credits
- 7–8 additional course credits
- 30 supporting course credits
- 45 General Education credits
- 26 Elective credits
*The total requirements for the major include 6 credits from the General Education requirements.
If you are a transfer student, the number of credits you must take will vary according to the courses that transfer into the economics program. Once you are admitted to the program, your assigned academic adviser can help you select the remaining required courses.
The required courses cover a wide range of economics topics, including:
- macroeconomic analysis and policy
- microeconomic analysis
- labor and industrial organizations
- money and banking
- calculus and statistical analysis
- computer programming