To be eligible for admittance into the sociology minor, you must:
- be a current Penn State undergraduate student in your 5th semester and be in a bachelor's degree major
- maintain a grade of C or better in all courses for the minor
- the minor code and major code cannot match
Adding a Minor
If you have achieved fifth-semester standing (60 credits completed), you can apply for admission to the minor. To begin, please follow these steps:
- Talk with your academic adviser about incorporating the minor into your major and to develop a semester-by-semester plan for meeting requirements.
- You can apply for the minor by adding it in LionPATH. You should do this as early as possible, but you can apply up to the late drop deadline of your graduating semester.
- You will receive a confirmation email once you declare the minor in LionPATH.
Review the technical requirements for this program.