Drive Strategy Execution and Transformational Change in Your Business
Most organizations have a strategy, but few are able to align strategic objectives and tactical demands to successfully execute the strategy and drive change. Developing a blueprint of the enterprise that provides a common understanding of the organization is a core component of the strategy execution and transformational change process. The discipline of business architecture allows companies to see where they are, where they want to be, and how to achieve the end goal.
With a Graduate Certificate in Business Architecture, offered completely online by Penn State World Campus, you will be better equipped to help your organization successfully execute its business strategy and better align tactical resources and projects with strategic objectives. You and your team can become a critical resource for the enhanced effectiveness and improved competitive position of your organization.
The Penn State Difference
Penn State World Campus ranked in the top 10 of six categories in U.S. News & World Report’s 2019 Best Online Programs, the most of any institution in the country. You can feel confident knowing you are partnering with a proven leader in online education.
Offered in partnership with the internationally ranked Penn State Smeal College of Business, this program gives you the opportunity to learn from the same faculty who teach in our resident programs. The program is also AACSB accredited, an honor reserved for the top 5% of business schools worldwide.
The Graduate Certificate in Business Architecture is a recognized by the Business Architecture Guild, an international, professional association that promotes best practices and expands the knowledge base of the business architecture discipline. Dr. Brian Cameron, faculty director for the Graduate Certificate in Business Architecture, serves as a special academic advisor to the Business Architecture Guild.
As a student in the program, you will:
- apply business architecture approaches in the execution of business strategy and facilitation of enterprise change and transformation
- develop and link components of the business architecture to create a holistic understanding of the enterprise
- explore the concepts and practical applications of effective enterprise modeling
- develop meaningful representations real world aspects of a business, along with how they interact
- delve into barriers that affect disruptive innovation
- investigate emerging trends and disruptors in technology and industry that create new markets and influence product development, business models, and business practices associated with innovation
- understand how business architecture as a discipline is developed and structured as well as current and future trends.
Step Up to a Master’s Degree
You may pursue this certificate as a standalone credential, or use it as a stepping stone to the Penn State Online MBA, Master of Professional Studies in Corporate Innovation and Entrepreneurship or Master of Professional Studies in Enterprise Architecture and Business Transformation. The credits you earn in your certificate can count toward your master’s degree requirements, should you apply and be accepted to one of these highly competitive programs.
Who Should Apply
This program is ideal for a wide range of individuals, including 1) business analysts or those working in business analysis who aspire to move into business planning and execution, or 2) professionals in the IT industry who wish to move into a more business strategy role within their organization. Students will more than likely being working as:
- business analysts
- business strategy analysts
- business managers
- innovation analysts/managers
- project/program managers
- enterprise architects
- solution architects
- business capability and process analysts/architects
- information/data architects
- IT architects
Note: This program is under review for GI Bill eligibility, and you may experience delays attempting to use GI Bill benefits toward this program until it has been officially approved.