Penn State World Campus students, alumni, staff, and faculty can participate in a number of events during Penn State’s 2022 Homecoming celebration during the week of October 17–22.
Homecoming activities include a mix of in-person and virtual events, so World Campus community members from all over the globe can participate.
The virtual events include a paint night, a spirit contest, a trivia night, and more.
The 2022 Homecoming Court will be recognized on October 21 at 11:00 a.m. This year’s court includes 16 undergraduate and graduate students, alumni, and faculty members. The event is offered in-person at the Outreach Building at the University Park campus and online with prior registration.
Members of the court will also appear in the Homecoming Parade in downtown State College later that day at 6:00 p.m. Grab a spot along the parade route or register online to stream the parade coverage.
Penn State World Campus Homecoming Executive Director student Erica Armstrong said it is important to provide opportunities for students to be a part of the Penn State community.
"I had no idea about the pride of being a Penn Stater until I experienced it last year. I met students, alums, and faculty who have impacted my life in many ways," Armstrong said.
She is most excited for Saturday's activities, the Tailgate and Whiteout football game.
Here are the planned events:
- October 17, 7:00–8:30 p.m. | Paint Night led by alum Lance Rautzhan ‘20g (Virtual)
- October 9–19 | Nittany Lion Spirit Contest (Virtual)
- October 16–22 | Alumni Interviews (Virtual)
- October 20, 7:00 p.m. | Penn State Trivia Night (Virtual)
- October 21, 11:00–11:30 a.m. | World Campus Homecoming Court Recognition Ceremony (In-person and virtual options)
- October 21, 1:00 p.m. | Alumni Ice Cream Social at the Hintz Alumni Center (In-person at University Park)
- October 21, 6:00 p.m. | Homecoming Parade (In-person and virtual options)
- October 22, 3:00–7:00 p.m. | Homecoming Tailgate at Medlar Field at Lubrano Park (In-person)
- October 22, 7:30 p.m. | Homecoming/White-Out Football Game against the Minnesota Golden Gophers (Tickets available; game broadcast on ABC)
Learn more about Penn State World Campus Homecoming activities.