Amazon employees who live in Pennsylvania are now eligible to receive fully funded tuition to attend Penn State World Campus through the Amazon Career Choice initiative.
Amazon has partnered with Penn State World Campus as the company expands its Career Choice program to cover tuition for undergraduate degree programs to help employees expand their career opportunities. The eligible employees can use the Amazon Career Choice benefit for online learning through Penn State World Campus that includes 38 bachelor’s degree programs and seven associate degree programs.
Students must apply for admission and be accepted.
The bachelor’s degree programs consist of the following fields and disciplines:
- business and business-related fields, such as accounting, economics, finance, and marketing; organizational leadership; recreation, park, and tourism management; and labor and human resources
- health-related fields such biobehavioral health, health policy and administration, human development and family studies, and nursing
- information technology and engineering, such as information sciences and technology, cybersecurity analytics and operations, security and risk analysis, and software engineering
- law and public policy, such as criminal justice, political science, international politics, and law and society, and energy and sustainability policy
- liberal arts disciplines such as history; psychology; integrated social sciences; and letters, arts, and sciences
- communications and the arts, such as digital journalism and media, digital multimedia design, strategic communications, and organizational and professional communication
- agricultural sciences topics in turfgrass science and agribusiness management
The associate degree programs are in business administration; criminal justice; human development and family studies; information sciences and technology; labor and human resources; letters, arts, and sciences; and turfgrass science and management.
Penn State World Campus has been offering degrees online since 1998, and more than 30,000 students have graduated.
“We are eager to help make a college degree a reality for Amazon employees,” said Renata Engel, Penn State vice provost for Online Education. “And we welcome the opportunity for Amazon employees to pursue the breadth of programs we offer and earn their Penn State degree online while balancing work and their responsibilities at home.”
Amazon’s Career Choice initiative aims to expand career advancement opportunities for its 750,000 hourly employees in the U.S. by partnering with more than 140 national and local universities to provide fully funded college tuition.
Career Choice allows employees to participate every year they work at Amazon and gives them eligibility after only 90 days of employment. Through Career Choice, employees can pursue a bachelor’s degree, earn industry certifications leading to in-demand jobs, and build skills through English-language proficiency and high school completion programs.
In the U.S., the company is investing $1.2 billion to upskill more than 300,000 Amazon employees by 2025 to help move them into higher-paying, in-demand jobs.
Since launching in 2012, Career Choice has helped provide education for more than 50,000 employees.
Learn more about the fully funded tuition benefit through Amazon Career Choice on the Penn State World Campus website.