Penn State | Online
Online Homeland Security Preparedness Certificate
By completing Penn State’s online public health preparedness certificate you are demonstrating your initiative to obtain the knowledge and skills needed to prevent, mitigate, and respond to natural and man-made disasters. This high-quality, graduate-level program can provide you with an excellent education if you want to enter or advance in the field of homeland security.
Designed for working emergency management professionals, this certificate is open to candidates who hold a bachelor's degree. The program is ideal for federal, state, or local emergency management officials, public health practitioners, health care providers, hospital administrators or managers, or first responders.
What Makes Penn State's Online Homeland Security Program Different?
Penn State's College of Medicine offers this unique certificate as part of the online Homeland Security Program. Based on a partnership of six colleges, the Penn State Homeland Security portfolio is one of the nation's most respected and comprehensive HLS programs, designed to educate professionals and prepare leaders to make societies more secure in a global era of evolving threats in an all-hazards spectrum.
The 12 credits earned in this certificate may be applied toward the Master of Professional Studies in Homeland Security Public Health Preparedness option.
Penn State's Online PHP Certificate Curriculum
All courses are 100% online, alllowing you to continue working while you acquiring new, immediately applicable, skills and information. The curriculum focuses on building your knowledge in these key areas:
- the principles of hazard analysis and incident management
- disaster readiness planning and coordination
- critical infrastructure protection against disaster and terrorist emergencies
- the political, legal, psychological, and social aspects of terrorism and natural disasters
Information for Military and Veterans
Are you a member of the military, a veteran, or a military spouse? Please visit our military website for additional information regarding financial aid, transfer credits, or application instructions.
- Public Health (Graduate Certificate)
- Homeland Security – Public Health Preparedness Option (Master of Professional Studies in Homeland Security)
- Homeland Security (Graduate Certificate)
- Homeland Security Base Program (Master of Professional Studies in Homeland Security)
- Public Administration (Master of Public Administration)