Penn State | Online
If you were previously enrolled at any of Penn State's campuses, you may be able to use your Penn State credits toward a World Campus program of study. There are several paths you may take to return to your studies, depending on your circumstances.
How do I get started?
Your answers to the following questions will help our staff determine the best path for you to take:
- Were you enrolled in a degree program at Penn State?
- If so, were you enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program?
- What was your last GPA before leaving your studies?
If you need direction, contact World Campus Academic Advising six to eight weeks prior to the semester in which you wish to return. Call 814-863-3283 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information in your correspondence: first and last name, telephone number, date of birth, last semester attended, intended degree program, and Penn State ID (if known). You can expect a response in one to two weeks.
If you plan to pursue an undergraduate degree and already know which form on this page you need to submit, please complete and email it to email@example.com. If you are unsure which form you should submit, review the following paths for returning to the University.
To return to a graduate course of study, please read more about graduate options.
Re-enrollment allows former degree-seeking students who have been away from school to resume their studies. To qualify for re-enrollment, you must:
- have left the University in good standing
- have had a 2.00 or higher cumulative GPA as of your most recent semester at Penn State*
- meet the entrance-to-major requirements of your intended degree program, if applicable
* If you had less than a 2.00 cumulative GPA, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options.
Adult Learner Re-entry
Adult learner re-entry allows adult students to return to their previous program of study. To qualify for adult learner re-entry, you must:
- have been away from the University for fewer than three years
- meet the requirements for re-enrollment
- qualify as an adult learner
- plan to return to the same major and campus in which you were previously enrolled
Academic renewal provides an opportunity for former undergraduate students to resume their academic career without being penalized by their past academic record.
To qualify for academic renewal, you must:
- have been away from Penn State for four or more years
- have had below a 2.00 cumulative GPA
Please email email@example.com prior to completing an academic renewal form.
Nondegree enrollment allows former nondegree students who were not dropped as a result of poor scholarship to resume their studies as a nondegree student. If you were dropped due to poor scholarship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options.
Undergraduate Nondegree Enrollment Form (required)
World Campus Course Registration Form (required)
Note that the deadline to submit an undergraduate re-enrollment or nondegree enrollment form for a given semester is 5:00 p.m., Eastern Time, on the Friday before the first day of classes. Check the academic calendar to see when classes begin.
Graduate Student Return
To return to Penn State as a World Campus graduate student, you must apply and be accepted by the academic department and the Graduate School.
Please reach out to a Graduate School representative with any questions regarding resuming your graduate studies.