Penn State | Online
AACSB–accredited Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Earn a credentialed degree that sets you apart from the competition. Penn State's online Bachelor of Science in Accounting, offered through World Campus in partnership with Penn State Harrisburg, is one of only a few AACSB–accredited programs available online, an honor reserved for the top 5% of business schools worldwide. Our comprehensive curriculum is designed to help you prepare for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam or to pursue another certification, including:
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
This program can start you on the path to graduate school or help you pursue an accounting career in public accounting, industry, government, or the not-for-profit sector.
The Penn State Difference
U.S. News & World Report recently ranked Penn State No. 1 in the United States for its online bachelor's degree programs. As an expert in adult learning online, the World Campus provides you with exceptional flexibility and support to study when and where it suits you. From online tutoring to career advising, you will receive the tools and skills you need to secure a better job for yourself. You will also acquire the relevant work-related skills to become an accounting generalist while pursing electives that support your specific career goals.
The B.S. in Accounting from Penn State World Campus, renowned for excellence and its vast alumni network, can help open doors for you in the highly competitive business world.
Your Online Accounting Courses
The B.S. in Accounting curriculum is both comprehensive and diverse, giving you an appreciation of how the discipline of accounting intersects with other areas of business. You will complete business-focused course work on topics like finance, business strategy, business law, marketing, and supply chain management. In later semesters, you will refine your studies by taking accounting courses specific to your career aspirations.
Upon graduation, you should be able to:
- demonstrate competence across a variety of accounting disciplines, including the preparation of financial accounting information, cost accounting, tax accounting, and auditing
- effectively evaluate the impact and implications of relevant business functions and develop an integrative, interdisciplinary appreciation of business situations, problems, and solutions
- think critically, communicate effectively, and conduct business in an ethically and socially responsible manner
Preparing for the CPA Exam
There are multiple paths to achieving the requirements to sit for the CPA exam and become certified. These requirements vary somewhat from state to state. Please consult your state's licensing requirements and consult a World Campus adviser to select a path that is right for you. Learn more about CPA regulations by state.