Penn State | Online
Penn State World Campus is Penn State — Online
When World Campus first opened in 1998, taking university courses online and earning a degree were still relatively new concepts. Today, you can earn your degree online from countless sources. So what makes Penn State World Campus different?
Nationally Recognized University
Penn State World Campus is the online campus of Penn State. Grounded in a tradition of quality since 1855, a degree from Penn State means something. Penn State is a nationally recognized institution, with the largest* alumni network in the nation.
Academically Rigorous, Accredited Programs
Our online courses are the same courses that we offer on campus. Therefore, your diploma will look no different from the one earned by students on our physical campus. It will not differentiate the method of delivery or state that your degree was earned online.
The Pennsylvania State University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 (267-284-5000). Many of our individual programs have additional accreditations through governing bodies in those particular fields of study.
Choose from more than 125 of the most in-demand degree and certificate programs in education, business, engineering, technology, health care, and more. Penn State was ranked the No. 1 institution in the nation for producing the best-prepared, most well-rounded graduates who are most able to succeed once hired, according to a survey by The Wall Street Journal.
No matter which program you select, you will find:
- a career-focused curriculum built on the latest industry trends
- courses taught by highly respected faculty members, experts in their fields
- an engaged and diverse network of peers
Online Delivery Experience
Since 1892, students like you have been able to complete a Penn State education without traveling to a physical campus. Over the years, distance education options have evolved to include technology-enhanced learning experiences. As a pioneer in online learning, Penn State has significant experience in teaching and understanding the needs of students learning at a distance.
You will experience courses that are:
- designed around best practices in online delivery
- taught by faculty with experience teaching in an online environment
- created using technology to support learning outcomes, not just convenience
A Fully Supported Education
When you think of online education, you may feel like you are on your own, but that can't be further from the truth. Our team of career academic advisers and help-desk support is vested in your success. Through World Campus, you will have access to student support services just like our students on campus.
Penn State World Campus students have access to a full range of services, including:
- new student orientation
- academic advising
- career counseling resources
- a nationally recognized research library
- technical support
An Exceptional Student/Alumni Body
Whether you take courses online or in a traditional classroom, you are a "Penn Stater."
As a "Penn Stater" You're Part of the Family
- Become part of an institution with more than 150 years of teaching, research, and service.
- Join a global learning community of exceptional adult learners from all 50 states, more than 60 countries, and 7 continents.
- Become part of a proud worldwide network of more than 658,000 alumni and can choose to join the largest alumni association in the world* with more than 177,000 members.