What's New in Change Management and Organization Development?
Virtual Group Coaching: Improving Group Dynamics for Increased Productivity
The global pandemic, caused by Covid-19, has forced many people to work from home. Yet few managers have been given training on how to manage work-from-home employees, and fewer still have been given special training on how to encourage group dynamics and group interaction among virtual work groups or work teams.
This session will be led by William J. Rothwell, Ph.D., SPHR, SHRM-SCP, CPLP Fellow, Professor of Learning and Performance in the Workforce Education and Development program, Department of Learning and Performance Systems at The Pennsylvania State University, University Park campus, and co-director of the Master of Professional Studies in Organization Development and Change at Penn State World Campus. Upon completion participants can:
- Define virtual group coaching
- Describe the characteristics of highly productive virtual groups
- Summarize how to facilitate more effective interaction among work-from-home employee groups
- Discuss a model that can guide implementation of a virtual group coaching effort
- Evaluate how well a small group or team is working together and identify ways to intervene to improve group interaction to get more effective work results from a team