Leadership in Times of Crisis
Learn from faculty and industry experts as they share real-world experiences on both micro- and macro-levels of crises and situational crises such as wildfires and pandemics. With different types of crises, there are different leadership skills that can be tailored to the situation. This discussion will be beneficial to all who are in a leadership role or aspire to be. The topics and discussions will be relatable to all industries.
- What is meant by the term "crisis" and that there are different types of crises — in terms of size, scope, and involved personnel
- Some practical examples of crises that the presenters have witnessed or assisted in resolving and highlights of the key leadership skills that were used, or optimally should have been used, to address the noted crisis situations
- Leadership skills and practices during crisis situations
- How to manage a crisis situation when leadership is absent
- Crisis leadership as it relates to ethics and communication
There will be plenty of time during the webinar to ask your own questions, as well, so make plans to join us!
Professor Obidinski teaches several courses, including Ethics and Leadership and the Psychology of Leading Work Groups and Teams. Over the course of his career, he has served as an attorney in private practice and has held executive leadership roles in ethics, compliance, and human resources at several Fortune 100 companies. He works closely with professional athletes on career management initiatives and with small businesses on employee and business development projects.
Dr. Jill K. Wheeler is an instructor in the MPS in Psychology of Leadership program. In addition to teaching, she is a consultant with expertise in developing practical business solutions to help organizations succeed by selecting, developing, engaging, and retaining outstanding talent. She possesses a broad experience base, having worked for 20 years in Fortune 500 and privately held companies in a variety of industries. Dr. Wheeler has also authored or delivered more than 20 publications and presentations on topics including employee selection, job satisfaction, performance management, and leadership.