Prepare Yourself for a Career in Fundraising or Advancement
Are you an upper-level undergraduate student who wants to do meaningful work after graduation? Do you have the passion required to further an important cause, such as finding a cure for cancer, improving the lives of women, or ensuring equal access to education? Penn State knows that nonprofits and educational institutions increasingly rely on donor support to fund the programs and projects that change lives. With new fundraising positions being created and many fundraisers, donor, and alumni relations professionals retiring, the job market is strong. Earning a Penn State Certificate in Fundraising and Advancement online can help you move into nonprofit fundraising or advancement, no matter what your major.
Why Earn a Certificate in Fundraising and Advancement through Penn State World Campus?
As a student in this program, you will have opportunity to learn about:
- the nonprofit sector, including small and large nonprofits and colleges and universities
- a wide array of roles available to professionals working in fundraising and advancement
- how to develop your skills and abilities and which roles might be a fit for you
This program will give you the opportunity to study with well-respected faculty from Penn State’s College of the Liberal Arts, one of the world's premier liberal arts institutions. The online format of this program provided by Penn State World Campus allows you to practice many of the skills needed to succeed as a fundraising professional, studying with experienced faculty in a highly focused curriculum delivered via a flexible, convenient online format.
Opportunities Available to You with This Certificate
With the knowledge acquired in pursuit of this certificate, you can be ready to seek employment as a:
- development assistant or associate
- alumni or donor relations staff member
- data analyst or prospect researcher
- annual giving staff member
- entry-level major gift staff member
- grants and contracts specialist
- writer or communications officer
- nonprofit event planner
Note: This program is under review for GI Bill eligibility, and you may experience delays attempting to use GI Bill benefits toward this program until it has been officially approved.