Advanced Marketing Analytics for a Data-Driven World
The Master of Professional studies in Data Analytics with an option in Marketing Analytics delivers the knowledge to help you design, implement, and apply data analysis techniques to solve today's complex marketing challenges. You will learn to use and analyze data to address issues related to brand positioning and differentiation, pricing and product strategy, brand equity, marketing campaign performance, and customer satisfaction measuring campaign performance.
This program, delivered entirely online through Penn State World Campus, also provides you with a solid understanding of the broader mechanics involved in data analytics, including the computational statistics and machine learning options for processing and exploring datasets. Professionals in market research, brand management, and marketing analysis will find this degree particularly useful, as it empowers them to make effective data-driven decisions that impact the customer experience, overall marketing effectiveness, and an organization's future growth.
The Penn State Difference
Top Ranked. Penn State World Campus ranked in the top 10 of six categories in U.S. News & World Report’s 2018 Best Online Programs, the most of any institution in the country. You can feel confident knowing you are partnering with a proven leader in online education.
Expert Faculty. Delivered through a strong partnership between faculty from multiple departments across the University, the marketing analytics program offers you the opportunity to benefit from the expertise and unique perspectives of faculty with real-world marketing and data analytics experience.
Your Online Marketing Analytics Curriculum
This in-depth program strives to develop experts in the data sciences and the application of analytics techniques, with a specific focus on the discipline of marketing. Students will:
- learn how to apply data analytics, data mining techniques, and predictive analytics to meet business objectives and leverage competitive advantage.
- address challenges related to customer acquisition, management, and retention; brand evaluation and management; product and pricing assessment; digital marketing communications; and social media influence.
- demonstrate fundamental understanding of data mining principles as well as statistical techniques including hypothesis testing, estimation, confidence intervals, and regression.
- learn to effectively communicate data-driven findings to executive stakeholders.
- gain practical, hands-on experience with statistical software and database solutions.
Start with a Marketing Analytics Certificate and Step Up to the Master’s Degree
The 12-credit Graduate Certificate in Marketing Analytics shares coursework with the MPS in Data Analytics – Marketing Analytics option. You can begin by pursuing the certificate, and then choose to continue and apply to the master’s degree program. If you apply and are accepted to the master’s degree program, you can apply credits from the certificate toward your degree.