The GEOINT applications postbaccalaureate certificate course content focuses not just on technical skills but also on the analytical knowledge necessary to apply those skills in the real world. In the capstone course, you will apply what you have learned to complete a semester-long virtual field experience.
To earn the certificate, you must complete 13 credits of online course work. You may select from one of three tracks, giving you the opportunity to customize your education around your unique career goals:
- Defense Track highlights GIS, imagery, and remote sensing (GEOG 882, GEOG 482, GEOG 483, GEOG 480, and GEOG 594A)
- Security and Law Enforcement Track focuses on GIS and cyber & human networks (GEOG 882, GEOG 482, GEOG 483, GEOG 479, and GEOG 594A)
- Business Track includes business location intelligence and cyber & human networks (GEOG 882, GEOG 482, GEOG 850, GEOG 479, and GEOG 594A)
Specific course titles and descriptions appear in the course table at the bottom of this page.
The GEOINT applications certificate program will operate on five 10-week terms. With two terms that partially overlap in fall and spring, and one term in the summer, you are provided with the greatest flexibility possible in completing your certificate at your preferred pace. You can choose to schedule your courses without any overlap or take as many program courses at a time as possible to finish sooner.
- Fall 1 semester runs from mid-August through the late October. Fall 2 runs from early October through mid-December.
- Spring 1 semester runs from early January through mid-March. Spring 2 runs from late February through late April.
- Summer semester runs from mid-May through late July.
Registration for most courses begins three months before the start of the course. Given the limited number of seats available in our courses, early registration is strongly encouraged.
It is strongly recommended that you take only one course during each of the five terms.