Sound in Your Knowledge, Confident in Your Experience
Life is more than the standard 40-hour workweek. Where some see unsolvable problems, you look for solutions. While some avoid connection, you understand the value of collaboration. Your skills are impressive, and you have the track record to prove it. Now it’s time to take the next step in your career — and Penn State’s online community and economic development graduate programs can help you leverage your unique skill set and background to find success creating tangible outcomes in the communities you serve.
The Penn State World Campus Difference
Your online community development courses will be taught by professors who are active researchers and professionals in the field, grounding your education in both academic expertise and real-world experience. You can expect the same high-quality, academically challenging courses that are taught on campus, with the added convenience of studying whenever and wherever you want.
Find Success in Your Future
These online community and economic development programs can help you develop critical-thinking skills and be able to:
- understand the causes and effects of economic, social, and population changes on community members and groups
- identify a community’s most pressing needs through different methods of engagement and measurement
- evaluate and measure community program and intervention efficacy over time
- use research and information to understand and shape economic and social change
In addition to advancing in their current careers, Penn State community and economic development graduates can find new success in both the private and public sectors working in roles such as:
- organizational director
- communications professional
- mental health professional