Military Education Benefits

Penn State World Campus honors the GI Bill, Post-9/11 GI Bill, and Penn State is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant. We also accept several types of military tuition assistance benefits, including the Top-Up Program.

We have a team of dedicated military admissions counselors ready to help our active duty, veteran, and military dependent applicants with the enrollment process. From your first phone call to registration for classes, we have a team ready to help you with your application and education benefits questions. Once you have enrolled in our program, we have a team of advisers ready to guide you as you pursue your degree. Please feel free to contact one of our admissions counselors or academic advisers today.

GI Bill

Veterans may use GI Bill benefits to cover all or part of their educational expenses. If you are a student interested in using your GI Bill benefits, please visit or contact our admissions counselors or Renee Thornton-Roop and Elisa Van Cise in the Office of Veterans Programs. We can help explain how to apply for your benefits, describe different financial programs, and discuss which benefit may be the best fit for you. To view the programs currently eligible for the GI Bill, view our list of online degrees and certificates.

Yellow Ribbon Program

Penn State World Campus, as a part of the Penn State University Park Campus, is proud to be a participant in the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Yellow Ribbon Program. Since the World Campus tuition rates for all degree programs are under the state match, Yellow Ribbon payments are not needed for any of our degree programs.

Tuition Assistance Top-Up

You may use your Chapter 30 or 33 GI Bill benefits with Tuition Assistance, called Tuition Assistance Top-Up. Students on active duty, who are eligible for the Chapter 30 or 33 GI Bill and approved to use federal tuition assistance, can elect to receive their benefits for all or part of the remaining expenses when the military does not cover 100% of the tuition and expenses through tuition assistance.

Chapter 31 Benefits

If you are a veteran with a service-connected disability, you may qualify for Chapter 31 benefits. If you are using Chapter 31, you should contact Richard Raynak for help with the GI Bill information. You may also want to speak with Keith Jervis at our Office of Disabilities Services. The Office of Veterans Programs has additional links to different GI Bill benefit program applications as well.

Tuition Assistance

To use Tuition Assistance benefits, you should contact your education center. If you have used your benefits before and need access again, click on the branch you are currently serving to start the approval process for receiving your benefits:

  • Air Force — The Air Force portal allows you to quickly find relevant data and information, applications, and collaboration tools to help you
  • Army or Army Reserves — Visit the FAQ page on the GoArmyEd portal for steps on how to start using your tuition assistance.
  • Army National Guard — You may qualify for additional money from your state. Contact your education center for more information on this benefit.
  • Coast Guard — View for Coast Guard tuition assistance application information and forms.
  • Navy — Find Navy tuition assistance instructions and forms.
  • Marine Corps — Marine tuition assistance and education program websites. 

Once your tuition assistance form is approved, please send it to the World Campus and Continuing Education Bursar Office at:

Fax: 814-863-1385

Mail: Penn State World Campus
        121 Outreach Building
        University Park PA 16802